Sunday, July 8, 2012

Peace


“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.”
 (Matthew 5:9)

(Posted at Weekly Top Shot)

Down by the river,  scribbled on the door of  a deteriorating warehouse,
 is the word "PEACE." 
True, a place that is falling in doesn't look very peaceful, but it sure mirrors
 the destructive forces in life and our hope for PEACE. 

The verse, taken from "The Sermon on the Mount," 
is the seventh beatitude preached by Jesus. When I think of peacemakers,
 I recall Sheriff Andy Taylor in "The Andy Griffith Show."
 The TV sheriff was called upon to make peace time and again, 
reconciling conflicts among the people of Mayberry.  

Below is a clip from Andy's introduction as the sheriff 
of Mayberry on "The Danny Thomas Show." 

6 comments:

Spare Parts and Pics said...

What an interesting looking old warehouse. Were you able to take additional pictures inside?

Janet said...

The interior looked a bit treacherous, so I didn't go in, just took photos through the openings.

Nancy said...

So sad to lose Andy last week. He was one of my childhood heroes.

Lovely capture -- an amazing structure.

Lois said...

Beautiful shot and a wonderful post. Thanks for sharing the video. "But don't the trees seem nice and full?" was my favorite line from that show.

Janet said...

Nancy, he was one of my heroes too. Lois, I remember that line!

Anonymous said...

Love this shot.. I like the effort someone went to in placing that there. Sad to lose Andy, he was a favorite of mine too... Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #38!