Friday, March 11, 2011

Counting Buzzards (Skywatch Friday)

It started with one or two.
Then there were five.
Now there are.......25?

Twenty five buzzards flying round and round over the woods near my house!
I'm beginning to get worried, because after three weeks,
whatever dead thing they have been feeding upon is surely gone by now!
I've heard that they may have just found the perfect roost.

Regardless, this is creepy!

You are bound to find some buzzardless skies over at Skywatch Friday. Go take a look!

6 comments:

Jan n Jer said...

ewwwe...buzzards and dead stuff go together dont they!!! Great shot.

Lowell said...

I always check my pulse when I see that many buzzards. :-)

But buzzards are great. They clean so much stuff up. And they're very clean themselves.

No?

Janet said...

Yep. They clean up dead stuff, so I guess we either have the deadest woods or the cleanest woods in the county!

Halcyon said...

I like vultures and buzzards. They're sort of fascinating!

Lois said...

Creepy is right! I don't think I have ever seen that many at one time before.

forgetmenot said...

Buzzards of all things!!! At least they have a pretty blue sky to fly around in. Love the pretty quince too--it always brighten the landscape early. Mickie